This is Doug’s (in)famous Kale salad! It is a healthy clone of the dish at Houston’s Restaurant. Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup Peanut oil
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 lemons Juiced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 8-10 stalks curly kale finely cut. No stems
- 1 1/2 cup green cabbage shredded and fine chopped
- 10 mint leaves chiffonade chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves and stems
- 3/4 cup dry roasted peanuts - unsalted finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts whole
Combine the ingredients for the dressing together and blend well.
Place greens in a bowl with the peanuts. Toss well with the dressing.
Let stand for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
OPTIONAL: 1⁄2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
This is Doug’s (in)famous Kale salad! Enjoy!